Everything You Need to Know About the Adobe Commerce (Magento) 2.4.6 Release Update
The latest Adobe Commerce (Magento) 2.4.6 release update is a major performance update for store owners. Let’s have a look at highlighted Magento 2.4.6 features and enhancements.
Adobe Commerce (Magento) 2.4.6 includes about 300 quality fixes and enhancements, covering improvements in platform quality, GraphQL caching performance, accessibility, payment methods, and Google-integrated modules enhancement.
Maintenance (Security, Speed, Optimization, Compliance)
- Supported PHP version 8.1 and 8.2
- Configuration setting to improve performance for operations that affect customer segments.
- Improve the performance of the product grid by limiting the number of products displayed in the product grid.
- Merchants can now import up to 100,000 records per minute.
- Improvement in order processing performance with the help of load balancing.
- Pay Later button and banners have been enabled for Italy and Spain.
- Enabled PayLater messaging with PayPal Vault.
- Added Fraud Protection, ACH, and Added LPM (Local Payment Methods) web hooks.
- Compatibility of Page Builder v.1.7.3 with Magento 2.4.6.
- PWA Studio v.13.0.x is compatible with Magento 2.4.6.
Additional Fixes in Adobe Commerce (Magento) 2.4.6
Hundreds of issues are fixed in the latest Adobe Commerce (Magento) 2.4.6 and Magento Open Source 2.4.6.
- The compile command returns an informative message on failure.
- Overwriting of .gitignore files is eliminated when executing the composer install command.
- Exceptions and exception stack trace entries are now included in var/log/exception.log.
- The buttons in the checkout now work as expected with keyboard input.
Detailed Version Comparison: 2.4.5 Vs 2.4.6
|Performance and Scalability Enhancements||Price indexer optimization (Adobe Commerce)
Key Differences from Previous Versions
|Adobe Commerce 2.4.6||Adobe Commerce 2.4.5||Adobe Commerce 2.4.4|
|Platform & APIs|
Issues You May Encounter in Your Projects Due to Upgrade
Introduces many backward, incompatible changes to the libraries and third-party software components it uses.
This is mainly because of the end of support for these components:
- Zend_Filter replaced with laminas-filter
- Zend_HTTP replaced with laminas-http
- Zend_Validate replaced with laminas-validator
Switching to new libraries affects tens of Magento modules shipped with.
For example, Magento_GoogleAdwords (backend), Magento_Framework, Magento_Payment, Magento_Backend, Magento_Search, Magento_LayeredNavigation, Magento_Downloadable
Also, Third-party extensions that use depend on the affected Magento modules or depend on the replaced libraries require an update.
Adobe Commerce (Magento) 2.4.6 – Official Release Notes
If you want to read the full Adobe Commerce (Magento) 2.4.6 release notes, check out the resources linked below.
Magento Open Source 2.4.6 Release Notes